Who we are
Clear Start Accountants are committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to Clear Start Accountants either on our website www.clearstartaccountants.co.uk , by phone, text message or email
Clear Start Accountants Ltd may choose to amend the content of this policy on occasion which will be posted on this website. Please visit this policy regularly to make sure you understand what we do with your information.
By registering on this site, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
How we may contact you
Unless you state otherwise Clear Start Accountants Ltd and our third-party partners **(including Insolvency Practitioners) may contact you via telephone, email, post, SMS, automated messages, fax and WhatsApp.
How do you contact us
If you contact us by telephone using the numbers on our website or advertising/marketing correspondence, your call may be recorded for training, quality and regulatory purposes. If you contact us via email, webchat, WhatsApp or post this information may be held securely by ourselves for training, quality and regulatory purposes.
Information that we Collect from You
We may obtain personal information from you through our website, mobile applications or other similar devices, channels or applications operated by or on behalf of any of the following brands: Clear Start Accountants.
When you visit, register or access services on www.clearstartaccountants.co.uk you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, contact details, email address and telephone number. In the course of providing the services to you, we may also store information about how you use our sites, for example, the pages viewed, and the website from which you came to visit our site. We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from messages you post to the website and e-mails or letters you send to us.
Note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on the sites is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts
What date do we collect?
Clear Start Accountants collects the following data
1, Personal identification information (Name, Address, phone number etc)
2, details of income and expenditure.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Clear Start Accountants with most of the data we collect. We collect and process date when you:
- When you speak to one of members of staff
- You add any personal information onto our online portal.
- You use or view our website via browser cookies
How will we use your data?
Clear Start collects your data so that we can:
- Manage your account
- Email or phone you with any other products and services we think you will like
- We will only collect and process your personal information if you have given your consent for us to do so, for example, we will only send you certain marketing emails and process any sensitive information about you if we have your consent.
- Legitimate Interests We may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Our legitimate interests in processing your personal information are to:
Verify your identity and provide you with an Accountancy service.
Extract certain information to generate statistics for our internal purposes (including credit and/or behaviour scoring, and market product analysis).
Detect, prevent and investigate actual and potential fraud and related activities.
Develop, manage and market products and services to meet your needs and to contact you for products and services that may be of interest.
Determine your eligibility for different products and services that you may be interested in.
Contact you in connection with your enquiry.
Update our website to better meet your needs in the future.
- You will have a right to object to our use of your personal information for these legitimate interests including where we may use your personal information to create a profile to inform customer demographics. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we are continuing to process your personal information. Please contact our Compliance Team at [email protected] should you wish to exercise this right.
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to us will be held on our computers and may be accessed by or given to third parties and our staff for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our site to third parties, but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
Information may be transferred to third parties who may be located outside the European Economic Area. We will ensure that your personal information is protected to the level of standards by the General Data Protection Regulations. If your information is shared with a third party, we will instruct and state restrictions to will protect your information. Our third-party partners will also have their privacy policies, which we recommend you refer to.
If our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners. We may share your data with The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and/or other regulatory bodies, for compliance monitoring. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent
If you agree, Clear Start Accountants will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products or services.
How long do we store your data?
The amount of time we hold your information depends on the basis it was provided. Please see the following examples:
- If you request that we do not contact you for advertising and marketing reasons, we may still need to keep your information as this would reflect your preferences.
- Information is also kept relating to any transactions you may enter via our website. This information will be kept for a minimum of six years, which will commence at the end of the relationship. We are required to do so to ensure that if any disputes or complaints are raised, we have your information to enable us to address the complaints or disputes. Your information will be kept purely for business needs.
- To provide you with a service, we will be required to keep your information for however long this may take us.
- Another reason for us to keep information about you is for legitimate business needs (where relevant), so we can comply with the law.
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of any data you provide online. By using our website and not advising us to the contrary, you agree to our using data in the way set out above and to accept the inherent security risks of providing information online without holding us responsible for any breach of security unless due to our negligence or wilful default.
What rights do you have over your data
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us. Any access request is not subject to a fee unless the request is unreasonable in which case a fee may be charged and will be disclosed at the time of the request.
What are your data protection rights?
Clear Start Accountants would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right of access– You have the right to request copies of all your personal data. We may charge a small fee for this service if the request is excessive.
- The right to rectification– You have the right to request that we correct any information that you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure– You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing– You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain circumstances.
- The right to object to processing– You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, under certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability– You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain circumstances.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights , please contact us at our email [email protected]
Or write to us: Clear Start Accountants, Universal Square, Devonshire St North, Manchester, m12 6JH
Clear Start Accountants would like to send you information about products and services of ours or third-party companies that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Clear Start accountants from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data our partner companies.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please ask customer service agent to untick the marketing box on your account.
Cookies are small amounts of information which we store on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to us, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and personalise the content of the site for you. You may set up the browser on your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our website.
If you do not wish to receive cookies in the future, please let us know.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses;
- Functionality- We use these cookies so that we can recognise you on our website and remember your previous selected preferences. These could include a location you are in and a mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising- We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to out website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
Call us: 0161 518 6795
Write to us:
Clear Start Accountants,
Devonshire St North,
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concerns in a satisfactory manner, you may want to contact the Information Commissioners office
Email: [email protected]
Information Commissioner’s Office